For a large part of the 20th century nobody took safety of people, seriously. The first part 20th century was a turbulent period for Europe and especially for the UK. During the second half of the 21st century when cries of war died down, the importance of safety for students and workers became important. https://firesafetyfirst.blogspot.com/2020/04/house-safety-tips-for-holidays.html
Students always get into some kind of trouble. It is found that students may cause accidents while playing around with harmful substances. As children, they do not realize the consequences of their actions; they do not realize that the stuff they are playing with may be dangerous. It is thus the responsible of every adult to help them know the danger associated. It is not surprising but in the United States, 12% of the fire cases were started by students and children. Can the result be very different from the UK? We in the UK are proud of our civilization. It is extremely necessary to preserve every bit of that civilization, be it living or not living. Fire safety is a subject that every child needs to know. Respecting the terrible nature and effects of a fire can help a child to maintain safe distance from it. In this article, some important points that a child should know are given. https://www.wikihow.com/Practice-Fire-Safety-at-Your-Workplace
It is highly necessary to keep dangerous objects away from the sight of children. If children see it, they will be naturally inclined to touch it and play with it. It is hence best to store potentially dangerous objects away from the sight of children. It is very important to keep ethylene, gasoline or any other inflammable liquids out of the reach of children.
It is important that matches and lighters should not be allowed to be treated as toys, as they may cause a fire outbreak. It is necessary to ensure that your child wears tight clothes while in the kitchen. If possible it is always safer to accompany your child in the kitchen. You should always help the children while they want to use electrical equipments, as allowing them to handle these equipments may result in accidents. Allowing them to play with electric sockets is a no-no. The smoke alarm should never be deactivated, and you should ensure that your kids don’t deactivate the device by mistake.
In case students or children do cause fire breaks, it is essential to get them out of the place as soon as possible. You should see to it that you do not panic, as this will make the children even more frightened. If the room is full if smoke, the best tip is to lie down. Being on the floor makes it easier to breathe. Escaping through an open window is an option is escaping through the door is not possible.
Safety media sell a huge range of health and safety products such as posters, DVD’s, leaflets and equipment. They have everything you need to carry out safety training.